Circus Posterus has launched a new Kickstarter campaign to raise funds to produce an 8 to 10 minute long spooky stop-motion film named Calliope. The project brings together all-star creators from the world of designer toys (Circus Posterus’ toy designers Kathie Olivas and Brandt Peters), stop-motion innovator and Annie Awards Special Achievement recipient Martin Meunier (Coraline) and filmmaker Jon Schnepp (The Death of “Superman Lives”: What Happened).
Based on Olivas’ classic toy character Calliope Jackalope, Calliope is a post-apocalyptic, fantasy adventure about an other-worldly girl who’s unaware that she’s actually Pestilence, one of the four horseman of the apocalypse. If funded through the now live Kickstarter campaign, Calliope will be written and co-directed by Meunier, Olivas and Peters, executive produced by Schnepp and feature artisans, animators, and fabricators that have worked on stop-motion features including The Nightmare Before Christmas.
Rewards available exclusively through the Calliope Kickstarter campaign include:
- A 4-figure mini toy set, fabricated by Cardboard Spaceship Toys, based on the second installment from next year’s Olivas-Peters imagined Wandering Misfits mini series
- A brand new vinyl toy figure, also from Cardboard Spaceship, based on Peters’ Night King
- An exclusive color design of the ‘Bat with a Secret Past’ from Peters’ Stingy Jack’s universe
- Olivas and soft sculpture/fine artist Lana Crooks’ micro-edition Calliope resin sculptures with fabric costuming
- Peters-designed toys made in Japan by toy company Tomenosuke, hand airbrushed by Peters
- A handmade talking Spirit Board which allows you to play an interactive role in the Calliope story through Divination
- A new Oracle Deck, like the one Calliope uses in the story's haunting nod to American Spiritualism
The Calliope project will only be funded if at least $110,000 is pledged by .
Remember...this is not a pre-order. There are many instances of crowd funded projects that have been funded never making good on their promised goods. So back with caution.