Richard Parks of RRParks CARDS has launched the Kickstarter campaign to fund the Mystery Science Theater 3000 Trading Cards Series Two. Series Two picks up right where Series One left off...with cards based on original seasons four, five, six and seven (plus a special subset covering the KTMA episodes). Series Two sees the end of the Joel era and the start of the Mike Nelson era...the end of the TV's Frank era and the start of the Pearl era.
The series will feature over 500 cards to collect, with various subsets, such as:
- 118-card "Invention Exchange" base set (every invention of seasons 4, 5, 6 and 7 episodes of the show)
- 78-card "Experiment" base set (every experiment from those seasons)
- 47-card special subset featuring MST3K iconic mini movie posters from the Shout! Factory DVD releases
- 99-card 'Riff It' subset featuring a scene from a movie featured on the show along with a hilarious riff
- 36 different Anaglyph 3D cards (with 3D glasses)
- 22 cards featuring the KTMA episodes
- 9 different Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie 'promo cards'
- 63 Sketch Card Artist Gallery Promo Cards
- BONUS mini-clipout card panel BOX TOPPER
- 24-card limited edition Macarie Claudiu MST3K art card series
- 9 different GLOW IN THE DARK Mystery Science Theater 3000 trading cards
- Genuine, unique printing plates
- Unique original art 'sketch cards'
- Unique 'Faux Film Cell' cards
- 9 different Full Metal box topper cards
So...if you want everything, back at the $160.00 level. A full box, with 40 10-card packs, is available at the $75.00 level. And the nice thing...these are expected to begin shipping at the end of October 2018.
This project will be funded if it reaches its goal by Monday October 1st 2018 at 1:01AM ET.
As I say with all Kickstarter projects I post about. Remember...this is not a pre-order. There are many instances of crowd funded projects that have been funded never making good on their promised goods. So back all Kickstarters with caution. (I've backed several RRParksCARDS Kickstarters and have received everything with little/no delays. And I'm backing this one.)