El Diablo Wave 2 goes on sale this Friday at 12 noon EST in the Argonaut Resins online store. This wave will contain the following colorways: Tourmaline, Sapphire, Aquamarine, Onyx (with Blue Tint Skull) and the OG Red Pants colorway.
Each figure comes with a custom made box that compliments the color of the Diablo, a Certificate of Authenticity Print signed by Robbie Busch and Eric Nocella Diaz and a secret surprise...
Holly Stanway has introduced her Bunny Brooches. Each bunny brooch has a hand cast, hand painted resin face set into a
plush back and finished with a safety clasp. The bunny face is an
original sculpt by me and is sealed with layers of clear lacquer for a
She has a few up for sale in her etsy shop and, until this weekend, she'll be accepting
commissions for valentines day for anyone who would like a brooch made
in a specific colour scheme.
In 2009, Tonner will be releasing the Miss Piggy Collection...based on the popular Muppets character. The 16" tall figure will have a line of interchangeable wigs and outfits. Even though these are prototype photos, they look pretty well perfect.
Mark Nagata (of Max Toy Co.) and Matt Walker (of Dead Presidents Designs) have teamed up to produced a limited number of 10 custom Eyezon vinyls. Mark painted them and had Matt paint, add brushwork and a clear coat with fine glitter.
These can be bought via either of the above sites for $300 each. The figures come bagged with a special Kaiju Dollar header card. Each one is signed by both artists and comes with a framed giclee of George Washington vs Eyezon.
What's the difference between a regular toy line and a mini line? Well, other than the obvious answer - the height - you can buy a whole bunch of these for the price of one regular vinyl figure. So, here are our top five picks for the best mini line featuring figures under 4" in height.
5. Alien vs. Predator Cosbaby (Hot Toys) Out of all of the Cosbaby series that were released this past year, the AVP was our favorite. The Predator figures include a number of accessories, which doesn't happen often in mini lines.
4. Boogily Heads Series 3 (Rocket USA) The 3rd series of Gus Fink's Boogily Heads brought their strongest assortment of characters to date. A pumpkin head and a robot? Gotta love 'em!
3. Galaxy Bunch [Virus Series] (Michael Kwong) This line of 9 figures with various sculpts was one of the under the radar releases on the past year. It's a strong lineup of fun, different characters.
2. Baby Treesons (Crazy Label) The original Treeson was one of the most popular - and raved about - vinyl figures of 2006. This past year saw Crazy Label release 4 new mini characters in 4 different colors. One of the cutest lines of '08.
*WINNER* 1. Glyos System Series (Onell Designs) Onell Designs' Glyos System Series is still one of our favorite lines...several years after being introduced to them. They continue to release new and exciting colorways as well as adding new head sculpts to the lineup.
On February 12th at YOYA MART in NYC (from 6PM to 10PM), join David Horvath for the release of the glow in the dark Turtle Test Shot set from Toy2R. Each an edition of 100 pieces, these guys will be available at 6PM on that Thursday evening.
They'll be revealing dozens of new Bossy Bear toys for 2009, and giving away many out of production Ugly plush treats through a free raffle. Make plans NOW!
STRANGEco has announced that MyPlasticHeart will have a very small
number of Bumble & Tweet Tree Editions available at their NY Comic Con booth (#866). There will be 18
pieces of each, first come first served.
They have also announced wholesale pre-orders of the new Adios & Ciao Ciao plush dolls, which will be shipping to retailers
in late February or early March 2009.
Sideshow has been granted the US distribution rights for Medicom'sSnoopy and Woodstock Vinyl Collectible Doll. This set will be released in the 2nd quarter of 2009 and is currently available for pre-order for $49.99. This is the perfect set for fans of the Peanuts comic strip.
A great sculpting job can turn an ordinary figure into something great. Likewise, a bad sculpting job can just ruin a character that had a ton of promise. We'd like to recognize the top five sculpting jobs of the past year. These are five intricate or ground breaking sculpts that shouldn't be overlooked.
5. Zombie Series 1 (October Toys) Since this mini line isn't painted, it's easy to overlook the sculpting work here. But the closer you look at them, the more you can appreciate the intricate details of these tiny pieces.
4. Notorious B.I.G. NYCC Exclusive (Mezco) Mezco did an amazing job recreating the facial sculpt on the figure. But it's the wrinkles and pock marks on the arms that show that the company wasn't skimping on this sculpt.
3. Monster Burp (Crazy Label) How will that giant clear plastic burp not make this figure tip over? Well, we're not sure how they did it...but we like it.
2. Muraida (ESC-Toy) The Radioactive Green version of Erick Scarecrow's Murada figure is sculpted as a dripping/exploded paint can. There is a ton of sculpted texture on this vinyl piece.
*WINNER* 1. Jumping Brain (Emilio Garcia) This handmade project features an intricate sculpt that not only appears to be a lesson in anatomy, but is highly detailed and an obvious labor of love for the artist.