Pooty by Touma / Headlock Studios - Blue, Grey & Pink Colorways - $47.95ea Kidrobot Super Mini Keychains Series 4 by Kidrobot - $4.95ea Elements - First Degree Set by Easy Hey / Artoyz - $42.50 10" Buff Monster Teddy Troop by Adfunture - $75.00 Ye Olde English Dunny Series by Kidrobot - $7.95ea Skllbud 1.0 - All Clear version by Jamungo - $14.00 House of Liu - DIY Baby Di Di & Mei Mei - $9.95ea Monster Burp by Peskimo / Crazy Label - $27.50 Hi Fructose Magazine - Issue #10 - $6.95 Jaws Keychain by Coursetoys - $7.95
Be sure to check the website for frequent updates!
It's Toy Break Episode 62, and by the title, you can probably guess that Matt is back...and with a gun. But it's just a prop replica. Why don't you just watch it to find out what I'm rambling on about.
for Headphonies, Scapegoat Billy by Jure Gavran,
Matt's favorite new prop replica, very special blind box from OsirisOrion, and more!
Tonner's 2009 Harry Potter collection includes a pair of new characters. Professor Dumbledore (edition of 500) and Bellatrix Lestrange (edition of 1,000) will be the newest additions to the popular Tonner Collectible Figure line.
In an attempt to include 1:6 scale figures as well as larger figures in one category, we've created the "fully poseable" category. These figures have multiple points of articulation, usually include real cloth outfits and often have various accessories. We've also split these into male and female figures, and we'll take a look at the five best male figures first.
5. Ki-Adi-Mundi (Sideshow) While the Jedi doesn't include a ton of accessories, the outfit is of top quality and the head sculpt and paintwork does a great job recreating the onscreen look.
4. Frodo Baggins (Sideshow and Hot Toys) With The Lord of the Rings collectibles losing steam (5 years after the last film release), Sideshow was able to revive their LOTR line with the Frodo and Sam 1:6 scale figures. Both included a ton of accessories, but we like Frodo's sculpt slightly better.
3. Will Turner TCF (Tonner) Tonner's Pirates of the Caribbean brought us the amazingly produced Jack Sparrow TCF (2007 Winner). This year, they released Orlando Bloom as Will Turner. While the film character isn't as fun as Sparrow, Tonner did an equally good job producing this figure.
2. Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark (Sideshow) While you might have read about issues with the Prometheus body, there's one thing about the 1:6 Indiana Jones that can't be overlooked...it just looks amazing. The sculpt is near perfect Harrison Ford. And it comes packaged with a ton of accessories.
*WINNER* 1. Rebel Fleet Trooper (Sideshow) Sideshow's 1:6 scale Star Wars line is a favorite of collectors, and our favorite figure in the line was the Rebel Fleet Trooper. You probably only saw this guy for a total of 30 seconds in Star Wars: A New Hope, but it's the perfect face sculpt and outfit for this ancillary character.
The newest bootleg figure from Suckadelic is named The Creature: Wrecked Souls of Forgotten War. This piece is a mash up of the classic Creature from the Black Lagoon and those old school plastic army men we all had as kids. He is limited to 20 pieces in the standard blister card style, priced at $40 each.
The Sucklord decided to make another batch in a tagged bag style. This version will run $25. And since this is 2009 is the last year of Suckadelic Star Wars style bootlegs, you'll want to pick this guy up.
The newest version of Chaotic Unicorn's Dookie-Poo vinyl - Dookie-Bloo - is on its way to retailers.
Dookie-Poo has been
known to change color from time to time according to his mood.
When sad Dookie turns Robin's egg blue. When embarrassed Dookie becomes
a lovely rosy shade of red. When nauseous, jealous or Irish, Dookie turns emerald green, and once he even turned purple after a
Look for the piece to retail around $20. For wholesale inquiries, contact DKE Toys.
Medicom has granted Sideshow Collectibles a small number of limited edition of the Charlie Brown VCD for US distribution. The 8" tall vinyl figure will be released in the Q2 of 2009 and is available for pre-order for $49.99.
Customizing is a skill and an art. It's one thing to be able to paint an amazing piece of artwork, but it's a completely different ballgame when you attempt to create that same artwork on an already existing vinyl figure. We've chosen our top five custom artists of the past year.
5. Erick Scarecrow While he's thought of as an artist of original artwork, Scarecrow also does some amazing custom pieces for various shows and events.
4. Attaboy Another artist primarily known for his original pieces and artwork, Attaboy has released a number of custom pieces using his unique style.
3. Joe Grady Grady has shown off his custom work in a number of shows this past year, but the above pictured Skeletor MAD*L might be our favorite custom of 2008.
2. NVC Crew A best custom artist list wouldn't be complete without mentioning Bao and Spive - the NVC Crew. This past year had them release a few original handmade figures, but that didn't mean they'd let up on those killer customs.
*WINNER* 1. Leecifer The artist otherwise known as Leecifer was responsible for bringing a washed and weathered look that you might see on print to vinyl figures. These are things of besuty that must be seen firsthand to truly appreciate them.