2007 Toy Awards: The Readers’ Picks

Yeah...nothing like posting the final segment of our 2007 Toy Awards well into March.  But we've wrapped up collecting our readers' choices for several of the biggest categories.  So without further adieu....

Favorite Artist

4. Bent World Vandals
5. Moneygrip

Favorite Plush

Deer

1. Uglydolls (Deer Ugly)
2. Suzy Woodchuck
3. Uglydolls (Gato Deluxe)
4. Zombie Ninja
5. Mousey Micci

Favorite Vinyl

Gotringo_splash_all2

1. Ringo Bear
2. Spider Boom Babies
3. Hell's Proprietor
4. Seamour Sheep Illuminated
5. Adios

Comments

Mark

I think this list says a lot more about your readers than it does about any of the toys/artists. LAME.

Mark

ice9

I agree with the Peecol being the worst toys, but El Panda? He's one of the flagships of Art Toys!

ice9

Mark

Part of my distaste for this poll (aside from the obvious Uglydoll fanboy bias) is the fact that they even felt the need to have a "Worst Toys" category. It's very negative and mean-spirited and very much not what I thought this site was supposed to be about.

Mark

slovak34

Unfortunately, there are a lot of sub par products put out on the market every year. Rushed in the design, sculpt or paint phase…unoriginal…poor quality control, etc. That's just a fact. And I make it known when I think something is played out or poor quality or boring.

And once a year I ask readers to voice their opinions on what they like and don't like. Yes, we have a big Uglydoll following. Makes sense since they are the hottest designer plush line out there. Right?

But I don't think the worst toy is inherently mean. It's informative. It will make people do a little research if they were looking to purchase a figure on that list. Ex. Hmmm…why is El Panda on that list? Maybe because people don't like sticky, oily toys (search the KR board for those complaints).

It's not like there was a category that asked you to name the crappiest, over-hyped artist. That would be mean and personal. Just look at the results from last year. Some of the same pieces were on the best and worst lists.

slovak34