Submitted News…

We ended up getting a couple of pretty interesting stories via email today.  The first one is from Frank aka Angry who sent in a video from the Scoble Show that might have a direct effect on some toy designers.  So, the guy in the video basically says he has patented paper models that are printed over the internet.  How does this bode for artists like Shin Tanaka?

The second story was submitted by Envisionboy and appeals to the Star Wars fans out there...especially the vintage Star Wars toy collectors.  Check out the story at SmugBaldy.

Comments

Kenn Munk

this can't be true!
Printable paper models were out there before this guy patented it, hence it's not possible to patent it.

What a wanker.

Kenn Munk

this can't be true!

What a wanker.

Brickboy

Well, he can suck brick if I'm concerned.

Brickboy

Well, he can suck brick if I'm concerned.

sichi

I don't see how he can maintain the legalities of this. As most of our prefered paper models are distributed freely there isn't anyway for him to contend the use of his patent – as no one is making any capital gain on them, so no one is owed anything. I think that is the main issue here as far as the "design/art toy paper model" is concerned.

Perhaps everyone should create their own paper model, make it available for free download and if this guy comes knocking – kick his virtual ass.

As for the interview, all I can suggest to interviewer and interviewee is… Get a room!

sichi

JESTER

This guy seems very full of himself! Do a search for Paper Models and get a ton of them for free!

His patent will never hold up at all!! I can't wait to see him try to defend it!

JESTER

Legmeat

Wow, what a jerk.

Someone's gonna try to patent paper dolls next…

Legmeat

Wow, what a jerk.

Someone's gonna try to patent paper dolls next…

BUSS TED

what a Dooshbag….

I am sure he steals the models from the free sites…..

what a prick

BUSS TED

what a Dooshbag….

I am sure he steals the models from the free sites…..

what a prick