Hanna-Barbera Series 1

Hb_tjhouse_photo_01_dl

McFarlane Toys has released photos of their highly anticipated Hanna-Barbera cartoon figure line.  This line is based on characters from a number of famous Hanna-Barbera cartoons.

Hb_fredchopper_photo_01_dl

Series 1 includes:

2 Fred Flintstone figures – one on his chopper and the other is a cruiser deluxe boxed set.
Hong Kong Phooey is represented in a kick-butt stance…whooping up on the bad guys.
Quick Draw McGraw is available as El Kabong.  I need that Baba Looey figure!
And 2 Tom & Jerry figures – Rock ‘n’ Roll and No Trespassing.

Hb_fredcruiser_photo_01_dp
Hb_hkphooey_photo_01_dp
Hb_quickdraw_photo_02_dp
Hb_tjrock_photo_01_dp

Comments

abelincolnjr

ehhh… not so hot.. I dont like the figurines so much. If they were figures with articulation then I'd be psyched. The Wacky Races ones aint so hot neither. I grew up on these cartoons tho so I'm rather partial.

abelincolnjr

B.F.

Whatcho talkin bout man? This sheet is hawt son. EL KABONG IN YO FACE SON! KABONG!

B.F.

n69n

i have been lookign forward to this series….

i think the quickdraw & hong kong phooey figs are FAB & would love to have them!

BUT

i thought the whole point of the series was paying homage to the iconography of hanna-barbera….so where are these concepts of fred on a "chopper" or in a "cruiser" coming from!?!?!? i dont care for those @ all. & 'rock 'n' roll' tom & jerry? it just doesnt make sense.

i'd be thrilled for on-model figs (& to tell the truth i'd rather have just simple freestanding figs than tableaux scenes)

n69n

i have been lookign forward to this series….

BUT

redgstar

When i was a kid, my day would never be completed without seeing hanna barbera cartoons, they are part of my happy child days. I think what McFarlane toys did was amizing, i prefer the characters in action rather than just freestanding, after all thats what cartoons is all about, fun, action, full of life.