2006 Toy Fair

2006 Toy Fair: Loconauts

16 February 2006 at 6:31 PM 6 Comments

P1010714

Evergrow has introduced a new line of figures on the heels of their Emotes vinyl.  Loconauts and Emotes were on display at Toy Fair 2006 – sharing a booth.  The Loconauts line will include both plush and small resin toys.

All of the characters are based on wacky personality disorders.  With names like Baxter Burnout, Anna Anorexia and Barry Bi-Polar…you can see the theme.  Each figure also has a tagline about his or her specific ailment.  Shirts and hats will be available as well as key chains and travel mugs.

My personal favorite is Barry Bi-Polar.  He resembles a light bulb and his vinyl head actually lights up when activated.

P1010719 P1010712P1010721P1010722P1010723P1010725P1010726P1010728P1010715P1010716P1010717P1010718P1010720

6 Responses to “2006 Toy Fair: Loconauts”

1. - says:

i think these are in extreamly poor taste. making disorders look like aliens and making fun of them.

pretty tasteless.

2. - says:

pretty tasteless.

3. Slovak34 says:

yeah…I sort of thought that these could offend some people, because some are serious disorders

4. Slovak34 says:

5. Danny says:

I think Baxter Burn-Out said it best…"Lighten Up". Art can be offensive…as a matter of fact I think some of the BEST art out there is offensive. Life is offensive, deal with it, grow up, and move on.

Member ID: 602274 (not a winner at SDCC)

6. Danny says:

Member ID: 602274 (not a winner at SDCC)